CFB Picks Week 10 Brought To You By SEC’s Best Rivalry
So these are obviously late. I get it. The six of you look for my picks. Our numbers are so low, you would think I’m on the Any Given Wednesday staff. Do I care? Yeah a little bit. Do I think I need to shake some things up? Yeah probably needs to happen. Well let’s get nuts here. My headline says it all. Alabama-LSU is a premier matchup every year and beats out anything else.
Sit down for the full game and maybe have a few beers, you’re not going anywhere.
1. Alabama (-7.5) at 13. LSU 7:00 pm CBS – This game always deliver. We have the best run defense against the second-best run defense plus two offenses who want to run the football. I’m not sold on Jalen Hurts doing well against this Tigers defense. Leonard Fournette could be the X-factor in this game. If he breaks one or two, this could be the Tigers crown jewel of the Ed Orgeron era. People are starting to really like LSU, and I agree with them. Danny Etling has been better than expected, and he makes one or two big passes that seals the deal. LSU 14-10
10. Nebraska at 6. Ohio State (-17) 7:00 pm ABC – Last week, I told you to bet on Northwestern +27 versus Ohio State and that cashed very easily. This week, the line is high again, but Nebraska isn’t a good team. We talked about this last week, and it’s still true. Tommy Armstrong turns the ball over multiple times leading Buckeyes having more opportunities than usual. OSU 38-16
Definitely worth watching a quarter or two
11. Florida (-4) at Arkansas 2:30 pm CBS – I’ll put my hand up here. This doesn’t do much for me. Mostly becuase Florida’s defense is damn good. I’m not sure Arkansas has much left in the tank with a banged-up Austin Allen. Luke Del Rio does just enough on offense, and Gators have this one in hand. UF 23-13
TCU at 17. Baylor (-7) 2:30 pm FOX – I have a secret… TCU isn’t good at all. Kenny Hill is a mess and Foster Sawyer will lead the troops this week. This is going to be more defensive than we expected yet Seth Russell seems finally healthy which is bad news for Horned Frogs. Bears have a big fourth quarter and win this one. BAY 41-27
Iowa at 12. Penn State (-7) 6:30 pm Big Ten Network – Big time move for Penn State in the College Football Rankings. All of the advanced metrics love Penn State. They are somehow underrated which feels nuts to say. Iowa shows some flashes, but they’re going to have an issue running the football. Saquon Barkley has a huge game and carries Nittany Lions. PENN STATE 34-21
Bet of the week
18. Oklahoma State at Kansas State (-3) ABC – So I know what you’re thinking, he’s taking Oklahoma State. Nope. Vegas knows something here that I don’t about this game. Cowboys have been great recently, and K-State has been just okay. So why are you picking against Mason Rudolph? BECAUSE VEGAS KNOWS DAMMIT. I’m taking Jessie Ertz and Cats with no real analysis, just Vegas. KSU 34-30
SnoTap Bar Watch of the Week
5. Washington (-18.5) at California 9:30 pm ESPN – Yes, let’s get a good bar watch on Daylight Savings Time night which is a sneaky underrated great night to go out getting that extra hour at the bar is always good and dangerous at the same damn time. Washington ends up rolling up on California. They are pissed off and can tear apart this defense.
Worth a channel flip but don’t plan your day around it.
4. Texas A&M (-12) at Mississippi State 11:00 AM SEC Network – If Mississippi State could actually stop somebody, I might want to ride with the Fightin Sting Rays, but alas, I have to take Aggies here. Trayveon Williams is going to demolish this defense up and down the field. Aggies will have this in hand by the second half. TAMU 48-21
Georgia Tech at 21. North Carolina (-10) 11:30 ACC Network – Not surprising, but Georgia Tech is figuring themselves out in the second half of the season. The triple option can give teams fits but I can’t see Jackets pulling off the upset. They haven’t been good against the pass which is bad news with Mitch Trubisky slinging it around on Saturday. UNC 41-24
22. Florida State (-6) at NC State 6:00 pm ESPN – I know people will point to the fact Noles have struggled in Raleigh, but NC State is a hot fucking mess. They are the drunkest girl at the party. If Florida State were at home this is a lock. Deondre Francios rolls this defense. FSU 38-10
Arizona at 25. Washington State (-17) 3:00 PAC 12 Network – LOVE the Cougs are in the top 25. Love they are a double-digit favorite. Arizona isn’t good at all. Hard to believe they are 0-6 in the PAC 12. Cougars roll. WSU 52-20
Sleep Off Your Hangover and/or Do Errands With Your Significant Other
Syracuse at 2. Clemson 2:30 pm ESPN2
Maryland at 3. Michigan 2:30 pm ESPN
7. Louisville at Boston College 11:00 am ESPN2
Vanderbilt at 9. Auburn 11:00 am ESPN
Kansas at 20. West Virginia 6:00 pm ESPN2