Ranking the Top Five Quarterbacks for the 2018 NFL Draft
This draft will be dominated and remembered by the QB’s taken, who falls and where they end up. This is a wild draft with the quarterbacks. We could see four quarterbacks taken in the first five picks of the draft. We could see players like Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson take a tumble down the draft. It’s fascinating to see what happens, and Cleveland keeping things a secret of makes it more unpredictable.
1. Josh Rosen-UCLA: If I’m a team I’d be worried about missing on Rosen and losing my job. Since high school people and scouts have tried to discredit his skill because of his bravado and “ritzy” upbringing. I think this is 2005 Aaron Rodgers all over again as Rosen will fall to a great team and situation.
Best Fit: Everyone, but really Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Broncos, Jets
2. Josh Allen-Wyoming: All the measurables you could hope for and played no one, just like Carson Wentz. Balled out in his last every collegiate game and needs to be brought along properly so he doesn’t end up like David Carr or Blaine Gabbert.
Best Fit: Browns or Jets.
3. Lamar Jackson-Louisville: Best athlete we have seen come out since Michael Vick and more pro-typical and polished as a passer. Dominated college football and played in a pro-style offense. Gets knocked due to his athleticism and his potential representation.
Best Fit: Patriots, Chargers or Cardinals
4. Baker Mayfield-Oklahoma: In other years Baker may have been the most picked apart QB in the class, but due to buffing the Johnny Manziel comparisons early-on and people concentrating on Jackson and Rosen’s flaws he may go top 5. What worries me the most about Baker is he played in a smoke and mirrors offense at Oklahoma and the fan base he goes to may pressure management to play him too early.
Best Fit: Broncos or Saints
5. Sam Darnold-USC: Darnold is the safe pick which is always not the smartest and had awful decision making his last year at USC. He reminds me more of Mark Sanchez than Carson Palmer if we’re comparing him to former USC quarterbacks.
Best Fit: Giants.