SnotapWI 2020 NFL Predictions: Only Site To Have Green Bay in the Super Bowl
Tonight, the Tapping The Keg podcast is getting together to tape a full NFL preview. It is going to be fun. We would have obviously loved to give it to you today as the season starts but thought does our Wisconsin-based audience care about the outcome of Houston-Kansas City? Also, even if the Chiefs lose which would be a stunner, it doesn’t change predictions. There are going to be some wild takes if that happens, but it probably will not wavier anyone from their original stances. Here’s what I see this season with a few takes, but as I said, most of it will be on the podcast tonight with Mitch and special guest Nolan Murphy.
Quick Take: Packers are going to have a great year. I feel good about this season. I’m not worried about the fluke year. Green Bay’s schedule is tougher than it’s been in years past, but they should be able to navigate that. Not buying into the Lions hype, but think they might be slightly better than Chicago.
2. Eagles (WC)
4. Washington Football Team
QT: Yes, the Mike McCarthy renaissance will happen this season. It will be annoying not only because it’s McCarthy but it is also the Dallas Cowboys. If Dallas starts hot and Packers start cold, there will be some awful takes. Don’t sleep on the Giants hanging around until December.
2. Saints (WC)
QT: I didn’t want to buy into the Bucs hype, but Saints feel off to me. I almost picked them third and to not make the playoffs. Drew Brees screams regression at any minute. Same with Brady, but I’m putting a little more faith in his team. Saints not having a home field advantage this year feels like a bigger deal than most teams in the NFL.
1. LA Rams
2. Seahawks (WC)
QT: Way too many people are sleeping on the Rams. They are my pseudo surprise team out of the NFC. 49ers also would follow the pattern of a Super Bowl losing team missing the playoffs the following year. It happens often and this year is very different yet that wouldn’t surprise me. Also, I’m not buying into the Cardinals hype.
AFC East: 1. Bills 2. Patriots (WC) 3. Dolphins 4. Jets – The take here is that I’m all the way in on Buffalo and almost confident that it is going to bite me squarely in the dick.
AFC North: 1. Ravens 2. Steelers (WC) 3. Browns 4. Bengals – Don’t be surprised if this is the best division in the NFL. All four teams are going to be tough.
AFC South: 1. Titans 2. Texans 3. Colts 4. Jaguars – Yes, I have the Colts finishing third and missing the playoffs. Great coach but don’t get the love for Phillip Rivers.
AFC West: 1. Chiefs 2. Broncos (WC) 3. Raiders 4. Chargers – Give me the all the Denver hype you can. Oh yeah, Kansas City will be still good.
NFC Playoffs (Cowboys get the bye)
2. Green Bay beats 7. New Orleans – Finally, we get Rodgers-Brees in the playoffs and we will get to have Aaron Rodgers put him in a locker. No one gets less shit than Brees for being a shitty playoff quarterback.
6. Seattle beats 3. Tampa Bay – Another early exit for Tom Brady as Russell Wilson gets his Super Bowl revenge on Brady in the postseason.
5. Philadelphia beats 4. LA Rams – While I love the idea of the Rams being slept on, Carson Wentz will notch playoff victory number one.
1. Dallas beats 6. Seattle – This playoff matchup has weirdly happened often through the years. McCarthy exorcises some demons by beating Pete Caroll in a playoff game.
2. Green Bay beats 5. Philadelphia – Despite the Wentz wagon hype heading into this one, Rodgers puts it to bed with a huge performance against the Birds.
2. Green Bay beats 1. Dallas – This game would not be rated higher than the Super Bowl, but holy shit, the hype around this one would be unreal. Rodgers finally gets back to the Super Bowl.
2. Baltimore beats 7. Denver – Drew Lock is a new star in the league and this matchup will highlight two young stars yet Lamar is much better.
6. Pittsburgh beats 3. Tennessee – No repeat playoff run for the fightin’ Mike Vbraes. Big Ben returns to glory as Steelers make their first playoff run in awhile.
5. New England beat 4. Buffalo – There would be something poetic about New England taking down Buffalo on the road plus Brady losing in the first round. I’m a storylines guy.
1. Kansas City beats 6. Pittsburgh – Patrick Mahomes has no problems with the Steelers’ defense and easily punches his ticket to a third straight AFC title game.
2. Baltimore beats 5. New England – Cam versus Lamar is an awesome playoff matchup. Lamar comes out ahead as he continues to fool Belichick.
2. Baltimore beats 1. Kansas City – It is really, really hard to repeat as Super Bowl champions. There is an expectation that Kansas City will but I cannot get down with that.
Super Bowl: Packers beat Ravens – Do you think I would pick against my guys? Also, the run defense will shine through after people will worry about it all week.
Let’s hear yours and I will talk more on the podcast tomorrow about these predictions!