SnoTapWI Top Five: Favorite Packers Seasons
SnoTapWI top five returns with another edition on our hands. Today, we are talking about our favorite Green Bay Packers seasons. I thought about this one whilst doing the podcast last night. Your boy got nostalgic about Fall 2011. Trust me when I say, Fall 2011 is one of those times that I would go back to no questions asked. One of the reasons why was an undefeated Packers season. I started thinking more about Packers’ seasons that I liked the most in my years as being a Packers fan. Here’s my list and I would love to hear yours.
5. 2011 Season – As noted, this is a great year to be a Packers fan. Sure, the postseason did not turn out the way anyone wanted with the Packers losing their first game. But the season itself was fun as hell. Green Bay won its first 13 games that year and had the best offense in football. Yes, the defense sucked but we did not care about that until it mattered.
4. 1996 Season – If you’re older, you’ll probably scream at me for putting this season at four. Hear me out, I’m 31. This means that my memory of the 96′ season is foggy at best. I remember the playoff run well. But regular-season does not have the same memories. Even though it is lower on my list, an argument can be made that this was one of, if not the best, Packers team of all-time. They had a great offense, great defense, and great special teams. This Packers team gets lost in the shuffle as one of the great NFL teams of all-time.
3. 2014 Season – Yes, the Packers lost heartbreakingly in the playoffs. Yes, this season was fun as hell. The infamous R-E-L-A-X year for Rodgers and crew. After they were 5-3 at the bye week, Green Bay turned it on to win seven of their last eight games. They also drubbed Chicago and Philadelphia in back-to-back weeks by scoring 50+ points in each game. 2014 is also home to the Packers-Cowboys playoff classic where Dez Bryant did not catch the football.
2. 2007 Season – Brett Favre’s last year as the Green Bay Packers quarterback was a fun one. Favre played at a near MVP level all year and led Green Bay to a 13-3 record. They were the second-best team in the NFC only behind Dallas that year. Green Bay scored over 30 points in 10 games that year. Mike McCarthy showed the world that he could coach offense and reinvigorated Favre’s career. McCarthy gets a lot of shit from Packers fans, but the legacy he started in 2007 was special.
1. 2010 Season – The last two or three months of the 2010 season were fun as hell. But remember, things were not always hunky-dory this year. Packers started the year 3-3 with some serious questions about the future of this team. Green Bay turned it on in November though. Besides winning the Super Bowl, an underrated fun part of this year was getting Minnesota and Dallas’ head coaches fired after Packers kicked their ass. Packers won three road playoff games plus two games at Lambeau in the regular season to get in the dance. They also beat the rival Bears to get to the Super Bowl. 2010 had everything.
Let me hear yours!