Weekend Watchlist: 9/6 – 9/9
Welcome to paradise. The first weekend where we’re we get college and pro football rolling at the same time. NFL is back. Football is back. Happy to be a part of it. Weekend Watchlist breaks down the 10 best things to watch this weekend including all of the local sports that are happening.
1. Packers vs. Bears – Probably the best Packers-Bears game in the last couple of years. Definitely hype on both sides of the aisle. Big weekend in Green Bay.
2. Brewers vs. Giants – Gio’s debut on Saturday. Yelich will be well-rested. Giants are a team that Milwaukee needs to win at least two of three against. They do have to deal with MadBum on Sunday
3. New Mexico vs. Wisconsin – Badgers will try to take care of business in a game they’re heavily favored it yet again. Same approach as last week. Get points early and make sure you can get your starters’ breathers.
4. San Francisco vs. Minnesota – What a matchup on Sunday. Jimmy G faces arguably his hardest team. Cousins debut. No idea why this isn’t the premier early game on FOX.
5. Chicago Cubs vs. Washington Nationals – Brewers could be in a position where they still have a shot at the Central next week or they do not.
6. Georgia vs. South Carolina – Helluva matchup in Week 2. Gamecocks have good success vs. Georgia at home. Bulldogs seem a little high as a 10 point favorite.
7. Atlanta vs. Philadelphia – Football is back. Not that excited about this game personally, but I know it’s a big deal to many of you.
8. BMW Championship – Final Ryder Cup on the line. Will anyone catch Bryson DeChambeau? The top five to win the FedEx Cup is nearly set – Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose, DeChambeau
9. Clemson vs. Texas A&M – Jimbo’s first big game. Love that it’s being played at Kyle Field. Huge test for Clemson
10. Stanford vs. USC – Pac-12 matchup early on. USC’s true freshman quarterback will have his hands full. Will Bryce love show up?